Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic

We had a very fun Labor Day weekend here in Boise as my family produced the Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic once again. What started out as part of the River Festival, continued as a balloon only event for several years after the River Fest folded. Then, with my dad's increasing schedule he just didn't have the time to secure sponsors, so we kinda just quit doing it. Until now! This year also marks the 100th Anniversary of Aviation in Idaho, so we had a lot of support from the state, city and FAA. Hilariously, I didn't take any pictures of balloons the entire weekend. I've been taking pics of balloons for two decades and they all start to look the same, so I just don't do it anymore. Of course I took lots of pics of my two favorite boys. It was really fun to show off Spencer and Rocco to our ballooning family...many of them have known my sister and I since we were their age!

Touching the balloon

Shauna, Spencer, Melissa, Addyson, Lesley & Rocco. We used to be the party girls at these events...now the thought of taking care of these rugrats with a hangover is very unappealing.

Taking turns at the burner

No comments: